During your labor I will:
- Bring my knowledge of the stages of labor.
- Provide reassurance and perspective to you, offer suggestions to help labor progress, and help with relaxation, massage, positioning, and other techniques for comfort.
- Strive to maintain a calm and peaceful birth environment.
- Help you initiate the breastfeeding process immediately after the birth if that is what you choose to do. If you wish to bottle feed your baby, I will help you with the first feeding.
- Assist in providing information and emotional support by telephone on postpartum care, breastfeeding, and newborn care for 4 weeks postpartum.
- Keep all records personal and confidential.
- Be working for you, not your care provider or hospital.
- Bring unwavering presence with an attitude of sincere concern, loving support, unconditional positive regard, and non-judgmental witnessing.