Unhealthy habits are usually triggered by stress or boredom, but often have underlying causes that start as a way of coping with unpleasant experiences. Whether it’s lack of exercise, overindulgence, poor food choices, or not sleeping, changes become more difficult as old habits are reinforced through repeated exposure.
Yoga Therapy helps to rewire the brain and body towards greater comfort while establishing new patterns that help you:
- Practice having compassion for yourself within the struggles of initiating change.
- Find and honor your inner wisdom; the part of you that knows what’s best for you.
- Practice being with the discomfort of change while adjusting to new habits.
- Recognize how your body responds to triggers and practice self-regulation.
- Establish and follow through with small steps towards the outcome you desire.
- Find gratitude and confidence in the changes you’re creating.